Thread: Galaxy Disband
View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2009, 14:27   #16
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Galaxy Disband

In my opinion - lower ranking galaxies need help - not a button to allow them to disappear.

I know it might sound like a funny comparison, but take a look at Mario Kart. The players at the front of the race tend to get very weak items which don't allow them to go any faster, these are usually the best players who don't need any more help. Players at the back get all of the best items which helps them, usually these target everyone infront of them allowing them to gain positions.

How can disbanding the lowest x% of galaxies help in the long run? There will always be a low x% - it'll just change slowly throughout the round as more galaxies disband. Infact given that galaxies slowly get larger as the round progresses makes it even worse, that x% will contain more and more players when they decide to disband.

Now take a look at Planetarion. Lower ranking galaxies receive no help at all. There needs to be some sort of incentive for players to stay around and try to rebuild their galaxy. Cheaper initiation cost, cheaper constructions, faster research - I'm sure people here could come up with a decent set of suggestions on just how to do it.

Surely there must be some decent ways of helping poorly performing galaxies?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote