View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 12:53   #14
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are distorters a real deterant?

I was a zik but even with the slower cons time of 6 ticks i decided to distwhore.

For the first half of the round decent scanners could always scan me so if thier allainces gal attacked my gal i was always chosen as a target. If an allaince without a hardcore scanner attacked me i didn't get picked (this happened 5 or 6 times).

After i reached 149 dist i removed sec from prios and asked around for sumone to havoc me and kill my fact. Took about 3 minutes of asking before i was done. Built up to 150 dist then sec prio 1 to keep them safe.

Afaik no-one could scan me, i didn't hear about a 150 amp scanner during the round. Though an omen target of mine had a mil scan of me so i assume some nub eXi did it for him, maybe unwittingly.

At the peak of the eX - FO (and later ND) war, with all the hundreds of fleets we had inc, i recieved 1 hostile fleet in over 130 ticks.

Was dist whoring worth it?

Tough call, resource wise i was making less per tick than people with less than half my roids if they had mines and finance centres maxed. Having 150 dist ment i couldnt build out of inc. Building distorters once every 6 ticks wasnt very difficult, no-where near as hard as one per 4 ticks.

It did reduce my inc dramatically but at a large cost, imo dist whoring isnt worth it an i wont be doing it again.