View Single Post
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 02:05   #464
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: An open message to Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
it was rebuilt in 12 ticks :P held those 380 roids for two weeks :P hence the LOL
I thought I'd actually look up your particular case as I've been thinking a bit about how profitable some of the more marginal lands have been. In general in pa these days if you cap roids and you're in a decent gal with a solid alliance you can hold onto them for longer than pre multi-targetting's introduction. In your case you capped the roids pt 832 and lost them pt 1096. You lost 225k value for 371 roids. Given a fairly average bonus of 50% capping 371 roids at 225k value with 50% bonus will repay in 161 ticks (6 days). So you held them for about 100 ticks longer than you needed to get the repay. However given that you were a cath solo landing and I'm going to assume, given that most of our anti-co def is steal def, that ascendancy stole that 225k value off you. At a fairly standard salvage rate this would mean approximately 90-100k worth of salvage donated to ascendancy. Ignoring fleet utilisation of ships created with this salvage you'd want to say that you need to gain this extra back before you could count your landing as profitable. So capping 371 roids at 95k value with 50% bonus will repay in 68 ticks. So you're talking about 30 or so ticks of profitability. Given that we've now capped the roids back off you at better xp than you got and we're pretty likely to hold them (especially given as they're spread out across a number of different planets) for longer than 32 ticks, and given the fleet utilisation of the ships created from that salvage in the meantime, I would have to say that I would categorise your landing as marginal at best.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why going cath is never a good idea!