View Single Post
Unread 11 May 2014, 12:25   #50
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 56 Alliance Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
What a crock. You talk as if you are the only alliance that had the fleet strat you did, when the truth is there were many others who did too.

The war with Ult didn't start until way after the first week, way after we had warred FL infact.

Had you put 200 fleets on us in the first week, we would have dealt with you as swiftly as we dealt with our other threats.
Little doubt in my mind the number of fleets from Spore on us would have been big too. What would have happened and how swiftly you would have dealt with us is pure hypotheticals tho. Continueing the hypotheticals, if we had put that amount of fleets on you, we wouldn't have been at war with FAnG and Faceless. In fact we most likely would have had a deal with FAnG.

I'm not basing my estimates on thin air btw, the amount of times both Rexdrax and myself had to say no to our BC's suggesting spore filled gals was really large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
YOU lost because of YOUR actions.
I keep seeing FL being bandied around as the reason you lost.

Fact is, Spore/FL had a war early on, but because our HC are not emotional little children, we came to an amicable end (and made some friends in the process, it is after all a game).

You lost because you emo, continue 'wars' out of spite and from past rounds, and consequently paid for your actions.

I am almost certain, had you treated FL nicely (and I remind you, they asked repeatedly for Ult targets, you refused to work with them then bitched at me when they gave up trying to support your efforts against Ult), then you would have won. Spore couldn't have sustained 300 incs + viks hitting us full on + viks not losing score from FC's.

FL were a natural enemy to Ult after Ult refused to help FL, and then later hit FL because FL wouldnt hit ult.
It was all set up.

YOUR alliance emo put paid to that and yet again, cost you a win cause you:

1) Had no balls and ran to Ult, agreeing a nap as soon as they threatened you, and
2) Fixated on some stupid perceieved threat from someone that was not only willing to help you out, but ASKING repeatedly.

In effect, Faceless made a great contribution to the end results (of you ending 4th), but it was YOUR actions that caused that to happen.

Before replying (or editing an earlier post after others reply, which seems to be your way lately), go google cause and effect.
Nowhere have I seen any Vikings HC state that it wasn't our own actions that caused the amount and determination of Faceless hostilities toward us. In fact, many a times we stated that Faceless warring us was no surprise with the sheer amount of incs we put on them in the first 10 days.
The only thing we did state was that we had absolutely no faith in FAnG and Faceless really honouring the deal they had with Vikings. We were afraid we were used as a pure diversion to get Ultores away from Spore and onto us, after which we fully expected Faceless to switch back on us. A Faceless HC later confirmed that they actually wanted to support Ultores, and hadn't it been for their 'powertripping' officer they would not have engaged in a deal with us. The fact that Faceless continuously hit galaxies with 2 Vikings in it (and apart from one night no more than 2 Ultores) did not instill more faith on our end, and led me to spur Spore to start coordinating things, instead of telling Faceless to 'talk to Vikings for coordination'. Also, we didn't refuse to work with them, at the time Faceless notified us of where they were hitting we ensured those targets weren't hit by us, or any of our other allies. We just never shared where we and our other allies were hitting because the Faceless representative we were dealing with usually went offline after sharing where they were hitting.

When we broke away from you we were perfectly aware we would end 4th. In fact, we repeatedly told Ultores and CT to maximize their XP gains on Spore as we would not have a chance. When we broke away from you we were already dead due to inactivity throughout our ranks. The only way we could get some activity back was by hitting the alliance that was by far the most hostile towards us in this round, and with whom we still had a bone to pick from last round.

Also, support Vikings efforts against Ultores? Don't you mean Spores efforts against Ultores, as we were only hitting them at your request?

P.S. If a mod reads this can you please split the thread up from the moment Forest got involved, as this discussion is WAY has nothing at all to do with the alliance stats

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 11 May 2014 at 12:31.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote