View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2014, 09:00   #15
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Round 56 Alliance Stats

Indeed, you have to look at the stats in context, stats can be made to say anything you want.

Looking at the tick 577 stats, I don't feel it is fair discussing how many incs per member. This is because incs are very rarely as random as people would think and usually on selected targets.
Spore got a lot of incoming at the start of the round (as most know, our complete memberlist including nicks/co-ords) was leaked very early, pre-tick 100 I think). Because we covered so much, our planets were less likely to be claimed so much, with people preffering to claim smaller alliances.
Then we entered a period where our main incoming was FL (and obv all the randoms). I think I am right in saying we had two full naps only, with insomnia and vikings. There was everyone else who could hit us. Ult chose not to and left FL to die. After we made peace with FL we entered a period where we got very very few incomings and prepared for war with Ult, though we did average 50-ish incs a night, it shows how high our incs were for the majority of the early round (certainly not low incs as some have suggested).
As has been pointed out, we then hit Ult and that was one-way traffic, resulting in the stats taht show Ult had more incs than us. They simply just grounded and didnt hit back (I even let some ppl three fleet in this period).

That leaves us the 3547 incs we encountered in the second part of the round. We did enter a quiet period. Then we had a few days of CT incoming (we also had a night or two of ct/ult, though I cant remember when!).
24 days works out at 147 incs a night. Consider there were a few periods of no incoming (lets say last 2 nights and the 2 nights before Viks hit us) and a couple of other random nights when CT went elsewhere, and that has then taken the total up to 200 a night on the nights we had incs. Also consider the nights we have only ct incs of around 40-60 incs and you see the figures bandied around for the last two weeks are absolutely correct.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote