View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 10:39   #26
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forum Moderation - Are they joking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Out of interest I've decided to analyse a topic with respect to the people who have posted, what they have said and the way they said it. I chose "When's most of the universe going to wake up?" as my example. I used the thread as it existed at 21:45 BST.

84 total posts

Breakdown of posters by nick:

14 posts
Methedrine, Rumad

6 posts
Chika

5 posts
ComradRob

4 posts
Game', mazzelar

3 posts
Colt, Tomkat

2 posts
B-Butch3r, Forest, Fyodor, Gerbie, Hicks, Helix, Morden, The_Fish, Treveler

1 post
Banned, BlackNova, BoredOfThis, Dinobot, Klendau, lokken, Lord_Thunderball, Sn0w, TehVader, Vaio, virogenesis, waffle, Zh|l

Breakdown of posts by alliance:
1up - 36 posts
(Blacknova, BoredOfThis, Chika, ComradRob, Dinobot, Forest, Game', Hicks, Helix, mazzelar, Tomkat, Treveler, virogenesis, Zh|l)

Unknown - 20 posts
(Banned, Fyodor, Methedrine, Sn0w, Vaio)

None - 17 posts
(Morden, Rumad, waffle)

FAnG/MISTU - 5 posts
(B-Butch3r, Colt)

NewDawn - 4 Posts
(lokken, TehVader, The_Fish)

Other - 4 Posts
(Gerbie, Klendau, Lord_Thunderball)

Analysis of Post Content
% of posts with no topical relevance - 47.62%
(#'s 2, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 28, 37 - 47 incl., 50, 51, 52, 56, 59, 60, 61, 63, 66, 67, 68, 76 - 84 incl.)

% of posts containing trolling and/or (very) excessive language - 11.90%
(#'s 2, 6, 9, 42, 43, 44, 46, 52, 75, 79)

Naughty Boys List

Rumad. 14 Posts:
11 had no relation to the thread's topic (#'s 2, 6, 11, 14, 17, 28, 37, 39, 41, 43, 46)
2 were pretty sad troll attempts (#'s 2 & 6)
2 were written to flame Hicks (#'s 43, 46.) It could be said this was done in self defence.

Hicks. 2 Posts:
Both (#'s 42 & 44) were written to flame Rumad and were, in my opinion, a bit close to the bone.

Chika. 6 Posts:
4 were irrelevant (#'s 52, 77, 79, 80)
3 were flames and refered to gayness as a negative trait. It's not big and it's not clever. (#'s 52, 75,79)

Finally, to the point of my thread. Why is none of this behaviour stamped on by the mods? Some off topic convo is inevitable and even appreciated but almost 50% is too much. Much too much. As far as I know there are only 2 moderators for AD (a difficult and thankless job) and this doesn't seem to be enough. I beseech you to stem the tide of drivel that threatens to drown us all. Appoint mods, get medieval on troll asses, whatever it takes.

I really despise having to spend an hour a day wading through shit to find a decent argument. I would think I'm not alone.

Edit: Moved waffle from 1up to no alliance.
all this information might be correct though hardly reality. I was on vacation for a week ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote