View Single Post
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 17:56   #47
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Fake nicking: good or bad?

I am not against fake nicking but i havent used it myself for many rounds. I think everyone here has valid points on the topic, good and bad, so i dont see it as something that will ever be banned.

In my own experiences of fake nicking, i don't see it making the galaxy channel inactive, for me i talked just as much in galaxy as i did in alliance channels, its down to the individual, if they are unable to use an extra irc client and check this single channel regulary or not. if you find you are a person that is forgetful of this extra irc client, and therefore neglects the galaxy channel, then fake nicking is not for you, and if you continue to fake nick then its you that is making it hard for new players to enjoy the community cos they have no one to talk to ingal cos you're so forgetful lol.

And i stand with wakey when he says faking nicking is the result from the lack of trust and deciet that is already in the game, fake nicking is a symptom, try curing the disease and then perhaps the symptom will go away.

Also don't force your opinion about someone on other people.. let that person find out for himself how much a twat x player is.. if you want to make the community a better place for new and old players then you have to aim for a better goal than removing fake nicking, as the end result is only a round of pa when 99% of intel is out within first 2 days instead of 2 weeks (and this helps the new player how? or does it just help the alliances that want to win and continue winning?)