View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2008, 15:08   #31
Kenny

Re: Fake nicking: good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
How is checking a second client any harder than checking another window in your IRC client. If you aren't bothered about your galaxy enough to check a second client surely you aren't bothered enough to check another channel in the main client. It really isnt much different having 2 windows open over having 2 clients open after all. In both cases you have you galaxy channel, your BP channel, your alliance channels and the only difference is its in 2 clients rather than 1
Sometimes I forgot which client I was talking in. This gave the game away a little.

But counter to your earlier point of "unknowns wont benefit from the top players not fake nicking as they wont know them" - I haff this to say:

First of all in the example you gave, I'd hope that any F-Crew members at least knew who YOU were.

Then what do you do when you're in gal with somebody you don't know? You ask people. Now I'm fairly sure if JoeBloggs85 from F-Crew came into a galaxy with you, Gate, elviz, JBG and Kargool (I would LOVE to see that BP btw) - he'd go back to his alliance and say "hey, who're these guys?" and there is bound to be somebody hanging around that's heard of at least 1 of those people. It's called 'communication'.

And tbh, if somebody is going to judge somebody based solely on their reputation/1 person's opinion, then they're not exactly the most open-minded people to start with. Furthermore, should you really care what people think of you on the internet? :|