Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 21:44   #25
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Smoking Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
My main issue with the smoking ban is the whole choice thing. Aside from the whole "it kills people" thing, I now have one less choice in life. I can't remember who said it earlier, but surely if the market dictated non smoking pubs then they would open up. If say GD represents an average cross section of the population in terms of smokers/non smokers of say 18-30 year olds (ie 1 in 5 are smokers) then why does it take government legislation to take away smoking pubs and put in non smoking pubs?
I think the problem here is your assumption that the majority will drive the market. If you have a group of five friends and one of them wants to smoke, they will go to a smoking pub over a non-smoking pub. The majority does not rule.