View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 14:37   #7
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Attack Times

Im well aware that 4:3:7 is the exception to the average rule in this instance, and as JBG termed it, it is the outlier for statistical purposes. I have already conceded and in fact indicated myself that the average ter doesn't fair too well, but it's whether that outlier is really a statistical anomaly thats being disagreed on.

In JBGs link they use termperatures as an example to show the effect of an outlier. if 10 objects came up to a median temperature of 23 degrees you could quite happily stick your head in all of them by the ignorance of the outlier. But would you stick your head in a 350 degree oven? no. You cannot ignore the outlier, as the outlier sets the standard of what is possible, ignore it and you'll get burnt (pun intended).

4:3:7 may be an outlier, and if you want average sample of an average terran then remove the outlier from contention, but he's the benchmark as to what was possible with the terran stats that you cannot ignore.

You have rightly suggested that 4:3:7 has been so successful as a terran due to the support he or she had. We all start off at zero...even...they've grown and worked well together, as everybody had the fair potential and opportunity too...this just goes back to my original point that its not the stats that are screwed but how people are playing terran, and how their gals / alliances are suppporting there terran colleagues is wrong.

Meh starting to go off on a tangent, this belongs in the 'make terran better' thread, so to keep it slightly on topic.....it is possible to be successful with long etas, if you get the attack times right
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote