View Single Post
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 21:39   #1
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all
Shipstats set R59 - Shhhhhhh

The shipstats set i made can be found here: http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats

Basic Design:

Theres some basic designs of all shipstats that the statmaker has in mind when he makes them. Certain characteristics he wants them to have.
Overal these are a matter of taste and somehow add some 'flavor' to the shipstats by unbalancing them in a way.
Ofcourse unbalanced is a word thats often used negatively for shipstats, but what I mean is, everyone having 1 ship with same costs and same dc/ac is balanced, it however isnt fun and doesnt add anything to gameplay.
By giving each race their own characteristics and preferably each ship too. You give the players choices on what to build and what to use.

The following are the basic designs that I want the shipstats to have. Please keep these in mind when commenting on what to change and improve. The goal would be to end up with shipstats that are fun to play, without 1 race or 1 fleetcombo being too strong and where different players come up with different strategies to use.

Basic design of the shipstats:
-No Fighter Roiders , No Battleship Roiders , Each race has Frigate Roiders.
Armor efficiency is around twice as high as damage efficiency, meaning ships dont die as fast. Init is less important.
-Each race , besides zik, has the choice between a race specific roid fleet and a frigate roid fleet. With the race specific one being 'stronger' than the frigates, but giving less chances for team ups.
-The non roider shipclasses, Fighters and Battleships are compensated by being stronger in combat. Meaning Fighters are good ally def and Battleships good gal/self defense

All targetting, costs and efficiencies (including emp) are currently 'Done' the way they are in beta, meaning everything thats in there is intended. So if you see stuff that makes no sense to you please let me know.

Thing i'm especially curious about:
- With all kill/steal efficiencies lower, can EMP still have 'normal' efficiency? On the one hand it makes them more efficient than non emp ships, on the other hand they still have to freeze full fleets to avoid getting hit.
- Do you think fighters and / or battleships are worth building?
- Any race that seems pointless to play?
- The defender ship - useful to def vs Fi fleet catches, or to send along on Co attack? Or totally pointless.

Some reasoning for comments that are bound to be made:

There is no cath co roid fleet because it often ends up unbalancing the race balance in a bad way. I'm hoping the nice Cath CR/BS fleet (which hits all roid classes) means Cath's still have a certain appeal.

Ships shooting at their own class at T1 should be ok , because of the lower kill/steal efficiency. So if a ship fights itself in defense, whoever brings more will win the fight. Added bonus of this is that you can have ships that steal their own class so they steal ships of a class they want.

Interceptor and Ranger have the same T1/ T2 , because the targetting fits better with their attack partner, Interceptor with Xan Co and Ranger with Cath FR.

Current version of shipstats:
I'll keep the shipstats in their current form in the beta server until at least 19-09 22:00. So anyone wanting to use bcalc to calc combo's and have a good look at the shipstats is encouraged to do so, shipstats wont change 5 mins after you did that. I'll use this time to use bcalc to calc combo's myself too.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote