View Single Post
Unread 28 Mar 2011, 20:10   #16
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jagex' conditions for a PA link on their Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
I have every right to complain now laready. They change stuff in a stupid way, cos they wanna streamline? Fine, maybe they should learn to communicate? If they had told us beforhand, complaining can be prevented. Explaining things beforehand prevents lack of understanding.

At the moment, we heard some vague promises 2 rounds ago, and then complete silence. Then suddenly in signup, we see changes. That could have been done in a much better way!
I could care less about their communication skills if/when they had shown to be committed to improving the game. While i am all for streamlining the signup procedure, replacing the rulername with an IRC-nick/passport nick takes away one more part of the alliance gameplay (intel gathering) and cripples another part (defence coordination). This has nothing to do with improving the game or promoting it (straight away).

What astounds me even more is the fact noone cared to consult the community about these upcoming changes. PATeam should know by now this game is highly community driven (if they like it or not). I mean let's face it, most of us play because of the community rather than the quality of the game (whilst addictive, it's hardly refreshing anymore).

Effectively there has been no serious development in the game since the introduction of ETD (20!!!! rounds ago). The number of players has been dwindling since(last recorded growth was the free R22 iirc), and we haven't attracted more than 50 'new' players in that time. Most of us are here for over those 20 rounds, be it on and off.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote