View Single Post
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 15:19   #139
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
Re: Round 20 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
2) XP is still there. Play for it if you want. I'm sure a lot of alliances will be happy with XP players. Not the top ones (by definition) of course.
Yes, but you're not thinking through the consequences.

[BIG] are a small alliance, we are highly active, we are good players, our XP whores are some of the best individual players I have seen (because individuals taking part in alliance organised raids is hardly difficult - even if you come from exi/1up).

However we play a game that we feel is right for us. This means no defence, and attack only. It requires little joint organisation, yet provides good benefits.

Big alliances will be playing for value next round therefore they will want Zik's etc in their fleets to be strong. Because of this they will want a lot of fleet catches. For a big organised alliance a fleet catch is easy.

For small alliances/unallied they are difficult to spot and defend against.

Therefore you are consigining small alliances/unallied to ONLY play for XP. Many of these will be unskilled, new players and be unable to get decent XP attacks running.

Yes they can play for XP - but they won't be high up on the Planet rank and many will find as soon as they get a decent fleet it gets stolen.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote