Thread: American Guilt
View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 18:24   #39
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: American Guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
But what is the 'same sort of thing'? Did the Soviet Union do the same sort of thing as America? What about Nazi Germany, France under Napoleon, the Brits, or Imperial Japan? It seems to me that America is involved in a qualititively different 'sort of thing' than these superpowers, but I'm curious what your views are.
Read the previous sentence.

Quote:
If the Soviet Union were in America's position just now, do you really think that most of the Middle East would still be standing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Of course methods change but that depends on which country it is and the ideology behind it.
Quote:
Well perhaps, but I think we can still make comments like "The Romans, Hitler and Napoleon desired the conquest of as much as the world as possible no matter the cost, whereas America's 'warmongering' has been limited to a few small-scale interventions in countries which were already under totalitarian rule" without risking the justification of too many atrocities.
this has absoutly nothing to do with my original post. I was not attempting to make any sort of moral comparisons with anyone nor do I wish to start now. Yes, some empires were worse than others but that is no justification for actions by the current world power to do as it pleases.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote