View Single Post
Unread 10 Feb 2014, 16:58   #55
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 56 shipsstats

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
As usual you guys keep making claims without any form of coherent arguments in then.
Quote:
Because..... each bs fleet being able to solo three races isn't enough?
Cath can hit every race, ziks can hit only two races but have the possibility of stealing itself a great cr fleet.
What players look for when playing planetarion is the abilty to go and attack a target and have a decent defence tolerance to be able to land attacks.
If there are 1 fleet stoppers (as I call them) or defense fleets that get their cut in first this makes going this fleet less viable.

One isn't taking into account that the allies will go fr/de or fi/co with fr/de defence ships and how flaking ships will act in defense even with wyverns being 400 in damage v cost just add some hulls 2 xan defense and ter bs is unlandable. (See how ter BS is starting to look unattractive as an attack option most ters will go ter de +fi)
However guardians are fairly weak ~140% eff v Fr and ~110% v De and wouldn't take much fr/de flak (flak = fr/de class ships that don't fire at target ships but soak the emp/damage to allow the defense ships to fire back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
the first thought coming to my mind is "how will i be able to land solo past tick 400!?"
This tends to make noobs more roidable and top players harder to roid... I would welcome isildurx to give his insight on how his stats will be interpreted by the alliance HCs that will make the call on their alliance strategies.

Quote:
How would you improve the cr/bs fleets then?
I've already suggested how to improve Bs/Cr
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...7&postcount=24

by putting in more Holes in how fr/de and bs/cr interact with each other but this would make fr/de spaming less practical

If you want to look at historical stats for bs/cr v fr/de balance R38 was a decent round for this.
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=38