View Single Post
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 00:58   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: "Why cant i set my Avatar?!" READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX
To get an avatar as fast as possible, you have to spam at least 1000 posts ?
No. Not "spam", as that implies posting numerous poor quality posts. Depending on how bad those posts are, you might find that they get deleted by other moderators as not being appropriate. However, 1000 reasonable and/or thoughtful and/or on-topic posts will give you an avatar.

That, or as the first thread said, 1000 Reputation/50 Posts, OR 365 Days/50 Posts.

Quote:
For what do you get reputation ?
Reputation on these forums are small, largely insignficant rewards for good posts. For example, if i make a post and heaps of people thought it was awesome, then it is probable that i would receive "positive" reputation from it. If i posted on GD, however, it is probable that i would receive "negative" reputation from that post (Yes, that was a pretty lame joke). Positive reputation is a way for people to communicate to posters that they approve of what is being said, or wish to reward posters for well thought out or enlightening or detailed posts and the like, whereas negative reputation is for punishing bad posters. Additionally, you can post a comment to the person whilst assigning them positive or negative reputation; comment and "signing" the reputation in the note is to be encouraged.

You can add/remove reputation by pressing the little +/- box below people's Avatars at the bottom left of all posts.

Enjoy .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote