View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2008, 08:56   #92
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Following the idea that has been brought forward in this post that denial itself should be punished for having cheaters in tag (some ppl going as far as saying remove the tag & ban all members) I have come up with an even better idea:

- All alliances and their members that ever had a cheater in their alliance should be banned from the game for life.
- All people in galaxies that ever had a cheater in it should be banned from the game for life.
- All of the victories ppl have had that have been cought cheating should be taken away from those people and they should be banned for live.
- All victories alliances have had that ever had a cheater in tag should also be stripped from that alliance and the alliance and all it's members should be banned for life.
- Anybody that has ever been on IRC might have come across a cheater too, so ban everyone on IRC for life.
- Anybody that posts on the forum has probably met a cheater once, so they should all be banned from playing too...

This would probably leave us with maybe 3 players left, those players being closely monitored by 2 MH's / planet!

Alot of people are probably thinking "are you crazy????" after reading the first part of my post, but I wrote that for a reason.
When you start punishing innocent people over the actions of somebody else that they know, simply based on the assumption "you must have known what they were doing" then we can close the game.
Every alliance has had it's cheaters in the past, everybody playing PA for some time has probably been in touch with cheaters without knowing that person cheated, it even happened to me last round: I was gc of somebody that was closed & deleted for shipfarming and breaking the rules of his exception...
Does that mean that last round me and my entire galaxy should have been closed just caus that 1 person cheated?
Using the reasoning some people have displayed in this thread I would start to think so caus as his GC I was responsible for him...

I'm sorry, but if that is what is considered justice then I really don't want to see what would happen in the real world if that principle was used (since people seem to be having a hard on for using real life situtations in a discussion about a game on the internet)

I'm not a lawyer nor do I know any legal terms and latin is beyond me, so I'll just finish my post with a final conclusion:

Don't punish people simple based on other people's actions and the assumption that they probably knew what they were doing.

P.S. sorry for making a long post (not my habbit) but I did it to express how firmly I'm against some of the views people have brought forward in this thread.

good post, agree with everything.
Aedolaws, case closed.
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote