View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 22:22   #54
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Official Denial Statement

Personally I think Aedolaws is talking a load of crap, firstly about planetarion and secondly about law.

He suggests that the whole of Denial should be punished and that players have a duty to report each other for cheating, even if its their alliance mates. This is purely a question of morality whether you choose to report someone for cheating. The only crime in the UK at least where you are under some kind of duty to report it is terrorism simply because not reporting it puts large numbers of the general public at serious dangers and being an online game, we are miles away from any such situation. I have always been very much against applying criminal law principles to an online game because quite simply, they aren't relevant, they are just people's popular conception of 'justice'. If a MH/mod or whatever genuinely believes it's more likely than not that someone is cheating, we should use the 50/50 burden of proof that is adequate in the civil code, simply because it's reasonably fair and lets the game run reasonably smoothly.

We should treat an alliance broadly like we treat a company where its employees (peons) and directors (HC) are also its shareholders. The only people responsible for institutionally bad conduct inside an alliance should be the HC as the collective - they are collectively responsible for institutional conduct. Those directly responsible for cheating should be deleted because after all they were cheating themselves. However, it should stop none of these parties from signing up again and working within Denial to rebuild Denial legitimately. It would be unfair on the shareholders to shut down the company and destroy their investment (which in this particular round is time spent playing) permanently.

Whatever Aedolaws says, the punishment I have proposed is certainly a punishment and a strong message to all cheaters, because it will certainly damage Denial and end their round in terms of competing for the top prizes. However, they will have the opportunity to redeem themselves and play once again in planetarion to their full capacity. It's up to them to restore the tarnished reputation to their alliance/company and make it a successful institution despite their misdemeanours.

For the record, boasting about the fact you are a law student is just plain unprofessional. You can certainly argue well on this forum and in fact anywhere without saying such, simply because one would expect you to have the skill to do so in any case. To use it to assert yourself and use it as some sort of weapon when people call you out for shit arguments is well, shit in the extreme from my point of view. Quite I honestly i couldn't care what anyone is - as the moderator its just nice to see good arguments, whoever wrote them - even from people I really can't stand from a personal point of view.