View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:18   #205
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I see you didn't bother reading some of what I wrote in my extended reply. All actions have an effect on everyone. Firstly the game is one of relative scores. This can be most clearly seen by the fact that having if your alliance had a score of 380 million in round A it would be ridiculous for you to claim victory in round B where the top scoring alliance only had a score of 360 million. This is relative score, as opposed to objective score such as we would see in something like civilisation, where getting a 145% civilisation score means you did objectively better than someone who got a 130% score.
This has nothing at all to do with what i said.

Quote:
You are quite right, all those planets did was alter people's perception of 1up through the game mechanics. However they did so through having more members "working" for their alliance than the alliance member limit would allow.

Obviously they are not perfectly comparable issues. That said, in the area with which we are concerned they are equitable. Two different violations of the same rule, one punished, one not.
There is however a huge difference between them. 1ups worked due to poor intel from other alliances. EXil's covert planets would do their business regardless of what 1up or any other alliance did or knew.

A better example would of been the handling of DLR/ND.