Thread: The Cleansing
View Single Post
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 23:10   #45
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: The Cleansing

*Flapjack carefully checked the straps, he'd almost lost a load a few months earlier when he went off during a storm, having decided that it wasn't so bad and it hadn't been the first time he'd flown in a storm. Ofcourse if you're flying in a storm, you're halfway to your destination, some 3000 feet above sea level and 1 of the straps on your backpack decides to give up on you, well, that doesn't need explaining. After making sure they where secure, he looked back at his old friend, it had been at least 6 years now and they'd never been caught smuggling. Flapjack did remember the time 1 of the old outposts near his route, just outside of the mountain chains, had been manned, he'd never seen humans shoot that high*

"Don't worry, it promises to be a rainy day so visibility outside the mountains will be poor, not to mention the village I intend to visit hardly ever has troops. I'll be back before nightfall."

*With that Nibimacarion spread his wings to their full span and started off on a run, carefully not to push off to early, Nibimacarion jumped off the roof, falling for almost 2 feet as he picked speed up and then flapping his wings with all his might, the sight he reconned would be a great 1 to see as with a single flap he rose 4 feet, climbing well above his small house, which in its turn was built on a cliff wall to allow for easier take-offs and landings, the flight would probably be uneventfull and it would be light before he got to the first mountains*

*About 30 minutes later the sun peeked over the horizon, brightly illumating the mountain chain in front Nibimacarion as he flew into it, he was already soaring up high and there where only a few mountains high enough for him to have to account for them, but the clouds where packing up rapidly and smoke rose from 1 of the Hynsolge border posts below him, the place was a tiny speck even with his keen vision and Nibimacarion was confident he would not be seen from the ground, he picked up more speed as he entered the mountains, the high altitude airflow was almost always west-east and made his trip to Nidland an easy 1*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote