View Single Post
Unread 31 Jan 2008, 15:19   #3
Kenny

Re: For the love of God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
its because all of the scanner / cov op / noob galaxies keep disbanding making the bottom 10% higher and higher. if people kept it up we could theoretically have ~10 galaxies at tick stop.

and changing the alliance limits and the way scanners work won't change the amount of people in each galaxy
Believe it or not, those points I was making were not connected.

I said we should lower gal sizes AND alliance tags AND change the way in which scanners are incorporated into the game.

Like you said, at this rate we could end up with 9 gals at the end of the round. Try covering one of those in an alliance raid. Remove 'disband' feature (self-exile still works, right?) because it's ultra-lame and start gals of at the size of 8, expanding to a maximum of 10. at the moment there's 90~ active gals... in theory creating 9~ active clusters (worth of planets). Limit gals to 10-a-piece and you've got yourself 140 gals and 14 clusters. And yes, that's a big difference by today's standards.

The alliance tag limit being reduced to 50 is also a good idea. The notion of 'not enough people willing to HC' is applicable only to the extent that there aren't enough players to fill up the tags we have at the moment. Reduce member limit to 50 from 60 and instantly we create room for 2 more alliances. Are 2 more alliances really going to make a difference? Yes, because again acheiving 'top 10' in alliance score is no real acheivement for the alliances trying to win. Alliances trying to win the round are happy with top 3 only. Why? Because there isn't enough competition for the top spots to give any merit to lower ranks. Solution? More alliances.

My suggestion about the scanners is the one that would be the biggest change to the game (in terms of coding). I'm not going to go over the whole idea again, but the idea of scanners being in tag, without affecting 'alliance average' or total score or contributing towards member limit, but still having access to alliance fund for scans - surely that's EXACTLY what we want for our scanners? (Biased? You decide :P)