View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 23:59   #277
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: a political summary of r24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
On the topic of flagshipping.

I remember me and SilverBullet discussing this some years ago ( I m getting old ) or atleast disucussing how to use ur members.
We looked through memberlists in the various round of pl@netia ( Omen and Hydra ) It was shocking to see how few played every round, and how many that either quit or left to join other alliances after just 1 round.
I think most alliances fail to take this into consideration when deciding who gets def, pre picks and whatnot. Its the few people who play with YOUR alliance every round that you should care about. As the round evolves you can most of the time see who, if any of your new recruits that may become a part of your core. Take good care of those, and dont give a shit about the rest. They will leave anyway

So imo, TGV sending alot def to maybe their most important DC / member is only natural and smart.
Correct me if I m wrong, but Lukey isnt TGV Core, and will most likely have another place to play next round? I fully understand it if thats the case, if they then decided to defend a loyal player instead of a "glory hunter".
Whats most important, #1 player or keep the alliance/community alive?

Look through ur memberlists, and map whose actually player with u every round they have played, thats the ones u want to take care of.
You're quite close to what TGV's policy always have been, however, we need new members to stay, so taking good care of them is essential too, but if the price is to high, then we wont.

FFS, we had members this round that left because they thought Macaroth was a spy.

I wish we had instituted an IQ test on new members.