View Single Post
Unread 12 Nov 2014, 18:56   #24
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Re: Judging the quality of stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
every round has bad stats for someone who made the wrong choice or who isnt enjoying the round. This round had pretty balanced stats, everyone can roid everyone, XP early game, Value mid game, can XP hold out and keep roiding to stay on top? XP naturally going to Xan who can fake.

Its possible to work out which races pwn which races, and which individual strat in each race pwns another. Then you look at the race distribution on the universe page to see where everyone else is thinking pre-round and try to gain as much information on other alliance politics and determine if the race/strat which counters the majority is good enough to gift you a nice advantage to hold roids and get roids, or if its better to just conform.
I think you are confusing two different things here. There is the judgement of stats from the perspective of "I am an alliance HC and want to determine the optimal method of play". Contrast this with the judgement "I am designing a game which I want to be fun and interesting".

I am interested in the judging the stats from the perspective of the second question. Your proposed method works for the first point of view, but doesnt tell us much about the second.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote