Thread: R61 Changes
View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2015, 07:58   #78
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: R61 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Actually the theory was that massive armor made the shipstats more defensive, since you couldn't kill your target in 1 tick, so you had to take losses when you landed. ( not my opinion, but thats what people posting thought)
imho, having shipstats with low effs (high A/C low D/C) would be much the same like a 'normal' round, with a bit less importance for init. On one hand it's harder to kill enough to make your target run, on the other hand you would lose less for your cap so it would have a quicker return on investment. I think you would see a small increase in number of battles where there is actual fighting going on with such stats, but imho it would not result in the grand scheme of things.

If you give any set a 20% cut in eff, it might make offensive stats a little less offensive, as they generally rely on having effective low-init ships (or a severe lack of ally-eta defensive ships), and make defensive stats little less defensive as you could land relatively small losses to gain the same amount of roids/xp. Ofc, a lot still relies on the nature of the stats themselfs.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote