Thread: Books
View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:15   #38
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Joyce didnt write Finnegan's Wake for middle class English teachers? Who do you think his target audience was, plumbers?
Strawman dude.

You missed out the bit where you said they read it to feel cultured/clever. When in fact they enjoyed it (I have heard of people enjoying Finnegans wake, although you will probably insist they are all lying). I can see your point if they are only pretending to read it, or having it as a cover over their latest pulp romance book on the train. But if people actually read the book, cover to cover, through choice, I can only assume they're either masochistic or they enjoy it. It's just far too long and too difficult to make it worthwhile if someone wants to look clever. Not to mention the fact that people can say they've read it and unless one of the people they say it to has read it too they will never be contradicted.

I could simply tell everyone on this forum that I was reading Finnegans Wake whenever the subject came up, for a month or so, and after that in every book thread claim I'd read it; but I don't.