Thread: Books
View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 08:18   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Books

I think I've read ten of those books. Of those ten, only three would I say I genuinely enjoyed reading (Grapes of Wrath, Lord of the Rings and Hitchhikers). 1984 was definitely worth reading, as was Animal Farm - but I'm not sure how much I enjoyed them.

I don't usually like discussions about what's overrated (as that seems a strange way to approach "art") but I fail to see how anyone could start reading The Catcher in the Rye thinking it was the second best book ever written without being disappointed by the end.

Also, isn't this just modern novels? I can't be bother to read the list again but I don't recall seeing many books published more than 100 or so years ago.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote