View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 09:42   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
First of all i wholeheartedly agree that the MHs are horribly inconsistent and that something is be done about that, however in this particular case what you seem to forget is that although geil does not automatically have a sexual context in German, it does have it in Dutch. And Ace is Dutch so we cannot be surprised he reads it as dutch.

Meanwhile we should look in every language make sure that a word is non offencive in every language before accepting use in an english game. Remove deliberately misspelled offencive words like "pick" and "cut"
Lol, that's bollocks. I assume they have enough braincells to actually read the full r/p name and then analyse which language it is and what context it's used in to derive the meaning (and if they can't, they should check with someone who can).

I mean, if one of you is a huge fan of the Brazilian starplayer Kaka ... and wants to use this in his r/p, then expect to be warned because in Dutch that word means "shit".

I'm also sure "geil" has some really offensive meaning in Swahili. Must be why they closed him ... :-)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote