View Single Post
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 22:12   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Your fleet this round?

It's somewhat of a tradition to see how people ended the round, so I decided to keep this up.

My fleet ended up something like (This is purely from memory)

Sentinel 35,000 Vsharrak 210,000
Ghost 15,000 Bomber 4,000
Tzen 15,000 Lancer 3,000
Peacekeeper 4,000 Dagger 9,000
Sabre 4,500

Though it ended up somewhat different as I splatted some FI in an attempted fake where the target built 7k cutters but got loads of viper defence

The sentinels were a later addition, I spammed them for defence purposes when I realised some of our xands/caths were getting hit by big FI fleets, and so that if my vsh were ever used on anti fleetcatch duty against vsh/viper fleets, I could also do some damage.

I kept Bomber/lancer to quite a small number as they are 0-loss damage dealers, so I only needed enough to scare off attackers; though I built more lancers than I would have in order to perform fakes on caths/ziks and kill defending vipers. Tzens, Ghosts and Sabres were my main attack fleet and were extremely useful.

I think my fleet performed quite well, but I regret playing traditionally. Playing for value was a mistake I realised far too late, as the hundreds of thousands of hungry frigates bore down on my planet and took millions of score in XP I was metaphorically slamming my head against the wall

In hindsight, I should have gone for a big frigate fleet with a handful of vsharraks for faking purposes; playing traditionally for value was a stupid idea (I didn't dare land an attack for over a week as it just gave the enemy more XP), I should have spent my time donating resources to the fund in order to maintain a low value and roided big xands or ziks for lots of XP instead! My failure to realise this cost ND at least 4 million score, probably a lot more as I encouraged my AG members to play for value as well (One of whom provided exil with another 4 million), which left me feeling stupid
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote