View Single Post
Unread 29 Aug 2011, 10:51   #33
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: It becomes quite amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Have you included what you said in the mails Judge ?

The content of the Mail messages is hardly relevant, as I have already accepted I broke the rules, I stated this quite clearly at the outset, or did you not read that?

What is relevant is how the case was dealt with, and the subsequent changes made to the rules and regulations undertaken by Ace.

If the case had been dealt with under the rules as published (at the time of the offence) there would be no cause for complaint.

Which quite clearly stated that the sanction would be a warning and a subsequent account closure if it was repeated. I received no warning, had I done so, I would have responded to it.

Only after a player has been warned and then re-offends would an account closure be warranted. (that has always been the case)

The fact that Ace decided to apply a rule "that only existed elsewhere" and not published in the Manual under the rules and regulations, and not referred to anywhere in the User Agreement, nor under Jagex rules is clearly the issue.

Appoco's bluster about what I know or do not know is all smoke and mirrors, the fact remains that the "rule" and consequential sanction was not published in the manual, and therefore does not constitute part of the agreement I signed up to and paid for at the time of purchase.