View Single Post
Unread 29 Aug 2011, 09:10   #20
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: It becomes quite amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Actually, although i find this rather amusing, Ace and any oher MH manager in the future doesnt have to cover his tracks as it blatently says here in the terms and conditions when you signup:

Miscellaneous cheating

A.Attempts to encourage other planets to break the rules will be considered a breach of this agreement

B.The transfer of accounts to other users is not permitted. Passing on your login details to another user is not permitted, even if they are subsequently the only user to access your account.

C.As newer methods of cheating are discovered, you authorise us to interpret all data logged about your account towards detecting these methods. Actions which are deemed to be cheating are not restricted to the list given in these terms and conditions and may be added to at any time, and you authorise us to do so

As you can see from section 'c' it says pretty much that as new actions take place therefore the MH is allowed to adapt the rules/change them based on new actions from the players. This used to be more clear in the eula which used to read:

Originally Posted by EULA
3. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion.
Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your
Account. Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the
notification available for your review.

This was from the origonal EULA Which seems to have vanished as i cant see it anywhere now. And gess it isnt valid anymore... but anyway From what i can see Ace has the right to edit/change rules based on actions from the players as he see fit.
As you stated these are no longer in the published EULA (i will take your word for it).

But for Ace to in fact change the rules in accordance with the above he is obliged to tell ALL the players about it, as you stated at 3 above.

He did not, he did not even tell me prior to my complaining about the sanction. I found out when i went to my mail page and saw a header saying I have been banned from using mail for the rest of the round.

"You have been banned from sending messages. The ban last for the remainder of the round."

The grammar is terrible, but that aside, that sanction was not published within the terms and conditions or within the rules and regulations in the manual at the time of the offence nor of the imposition of the sanction.

It is therefore unreasonable to apply it and it may also be in breach of consumer law (the sale of goods act)