View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2007, 23:26   #11
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Polyphasis sleep or Uberman sleep

Thank you. I've never really appreciated sentences that have ended in the phrase a large block of cheese before now. It seems like a laudable cause to take up.

Generally, when I have no reason to awake at a certain time I can and often do sleep for 12 hours. But when I awake I mostly still feel awful. I was once told - and this was by someone who wouldn't wear green because it was unlucky apparently, so: caution - that the body needs 8 hours of sleep and if you go over the body enters into the next sleep cycle. Therefore if you sleep for 12 hours you still need 4 more hours to complete the cycle. I have no idea if this is true though.

I'm interested in the claim that our ancestors had a vastly different sleep pattern. It seems likely because I'm sure our current sleep pattern results from the the standardised 9-5. I also read that the Chinese until quite recently had plenty of daytime naps, but only stopped because Westernised business culture looks down upon this. I'm unsure if this vindicates polyphasic sleep patterns but I'm sure culture dominates our current sleep pattern.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote