View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2013, 10:20   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R54 stats are up!

3 is not a magic number for RPS. RPS revolves around winning against 1 opponent, tieing against another, and losing to a third. But that split of 1/1/1 is not fixed in stone (or in rock, if you'll forgive the pun), and indeed, if you want to have more offensive stats, a W/T/L of 2/1/1 (4 races), 3/0/2 (5 races) or 3/1/2 (6 races) will work better.

However, it is worth noting that RPS is incredibly crude. My r50 stats were very RPS-like, which made them simple but boring. RPS makes fleet compositions much less important. If Xan can roid Ter whatever Ter makes, then you no longer need to even look at unit scans to be able to attack. Just launch at the fattest Ter you can find.

Personally, I've come to prefer a setup in which each race has at least 2 radically different fleet compositions, and preferably 3. My choice of race should not be the sole factor in deciding against which fleets I'm strong and against which I'm weak. In such a setup, overly RPS-like stats are actually detrimental. If Ter can build 1 ship to stop all incs from FI fleets, then I always need to have that ship, and will therefore have fewer valid choices.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote