View Single Post
Unread 28 Feb 2016, 14:30   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Change of buddypack system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Stop trying to make averages from the numbers.. It's not the averages that count..
Your data is valuable, and I'm happy to use it as a starting point, but it's impossible to say anything intelligible about it without further analysis. Granted, simply taking an average is far from the best method for doing that, but I object to the notion that it represents a serious distortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Seeing hostile fleets almost every day is what makes it tiring.. Wheter that is 1 fleet or 10 fleets is a bit less relevant..
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. With one single exception (4:7, ranked 29th), every galaxy has one or more incomings on most days, whether ranked high or low. A single glance at the raw data makes that clear, and I'm surprised the author apparently hasn't bothered to do even that.

Additionally, there's a qualitative difference between 1-2 fleets of incs, which you can cover by haphazardly sending some barely coordinated fleets, and 9-10 incs, which requires real cooperation and communication to cover well. Anyone who's played any amount of PA knows that.

And on top of those 2 objections, your own data disagrees with you. Here are the facts, plain and simple. Lower ranked galaxies get fewer incs than higher ranked galaxies, both in total and on a night-by-night basis. The trend is that rank has little impact on the number of days with 0 incs, that higher ranked galaxies tend to have more days with 6+ incs, and that lower ranked galaxies tend to have more days with 1-5 incs. This is what your own data shows us. Ignore the trend lines if it makes you feel better, the facts don't lie. There's more red on the left and more yellow on the right. There's more incs on the left, less on the right.

Honestly, I don't know what more to tell you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote