View Single Post
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 12:32   #40
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Public planet tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confraria View Post
in a smaller universe where players struggle to find something to do on such a boring game as PA, where every attempt to play the game with a different approach gets hammered by "some" people with no imagination whatsoever, you came along with yet another useless idea..

the idea is ment to help smaller tags/allianceless players right? Wrong.. even a 10 player tag only needs a dedicated scanner to gather intel. It may be a boring job but hell its something useful and all his mates will thank him for it. Allianceless/new player dont need free intel, they need a bloody alliance! PA is ment to be played within a group, smaller or bigger, for the win or not, as long as u have fun.. u have absolutely no chance of success playing alone, and there's not enough intel that can save you.

Why not create some kind of apprentice alliance, supported by PATeam or by anyone interested in playing that role? I know there is and has been lots of allys playing that role, but im talking about something more intuitive, a place all self-identified new players can be sent to learn the basic rules of playing the game within a group..
I dont see why this idea is useless tbh.
Atleast it would be moved closer to a game where you dont have to use IRC and have fancy tools to gather intel.
My first experince going to "war" some alliance was looking up their planets using the ingame tag system that was avaible back in r2-3, and launch my fleet at them.

PA and alliance security quickly shifted during the early rounds, suddently it alliances started setting up their own servers because of little trust in the netgamer IRC OPs.
Wthen when PaX came with "random" gals alliance set up their own "def channels" where people could report incommings of their gal mates who all were using fake nicks to hide their Identity.

Most alliances had relay bots in every other alliance out there, it was pretty normal and accepted back then.

PA is changing all the time, how people play the game and what tools are avaible ingame will be the deciding factor how people run their alliances, big or small.
I think its just something we have to embrace, if this game is gonna continue on running in the future there has to be change to what you need to play it actively.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote