View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 17:33   #64
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Re: Round 25 MH Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I think people having to pay would have had just a TINY impact on the number going down. This round, I predict, will be fantastically crap. Tempted to sign up just to join in the merryment!
Sorry, I should have said "Partaining to this situation" I have long said that P2P was the first of 2 major mass exudus out of PA. The second was, ofc, when all this stuff (alliance limits, stupid rules) started up. I appologize for not clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Im sorry but what? The reason why the support planet rule was implemented was becuase people were abusing the alliance limit. Getting planets to signup for the sole puprose of just building one ship and overcoming the eta bonus you get in tag. How is that not an unfair advantage?
As I recall, 1 alliance thought of doing this that first round. Therin lies your problem. 1 Alliance had the ingenuity to think of it and implement it, while the rest did not. It is not an unfair advantage, it is a strategy. An unfair advantage is something that can not be done by anyone else. This, however, could have been done by every alliance playing that round (and actually that would have been funny) but they did not. In fact, if all alliances had done it, we probably wouldn't even have HAD the support planet rule.

Quote:
So far i have recieved 2 emails from 2 alliances which usally end in the top 5 (they must have my email still on their listings) Asking all members who were a member of them in the past to return, as a free planet 3 fleeting for xp to help them as the support planet rule has been removed.
Thank you for proving to those reading this discussion that all, not just 1, alliance can utilize this. You've now made my argument even more valid. You have also shown that there will now be more people called back to play.

Quote:
The whole puprose of the alliance limits are there to make it more fun in the long run.
Fun for whom? For you? For me? Or for the newb next door who just joined and has nfi what they are doing? In any other online game I have played, rules were not put in place to create fun, they were designed to create fairness. The creation of fun lies in the players alone. As someone else pointed out, some of the most popular and fun multiplayer games have the most open limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Actually his point isnt stupid it is quite justified. You guys for this move still have not answered the question as to how is this rule been removed going to improve the growth of the PA community?
2 answers. 1) i never said it would improve the community, I said it would make the current people happier, and it *could* bring back people that left when this was created (and if you read Willzzz post, you'll see that this is what appears might happen). 2) No rule changes, good or bad, will ever cause community growth, that is where advertising, etc comes in. I believe this question could easily be turned on to your side of the argument, with a kicker; How would this rule staying in place improve the growth of the community, when statistics prove that since it's creation the population of the community has dropped continually round after round? Now who's not making sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Prevent free planets from defending out of galaxy/alliance.
Going along with the other restrictions on free planets, yes, you could say this is a partial solution. The problem still exists tho that you are restricting a players choices in how they play. Also, this is still keeping p2p in effect, which is what most people want gone anyway. Otherwise, it's a partial solution.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote