View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2009, 01:55   #57
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Support planet rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Then they should become better at the metagame. What I mean by that is that they should become better at gathering a group of people around them who are willing to fight not only with them, but for them. The Ministry group is a good example, as are elviz & co and the Liths. Everyone can do this, the only reason people don't is because 1) for every supported planet, there need to be several supporting planets, and 2) few people are as dedicated as the pillars of the groups I mentioned.

Multiing is not a requirement for having support planets, nor have you in my opinion adequately proven that there is a connection between the two or that multiiing is bad for the game.
You just mentioned Elviz and the liths.... haven't they had their planets closed in the past for multing? and what a co-incidence they had support planets.[/quote]

Quote:
I don't think you understand what the phrase "gameplay options" means. I'll make your case a little more specific in an effort to explain.

Choosing whether or not to get guards is not a "gameplay option" in the sense you use it: no one can force me to get guards, nor can anyone force me not to get them. It might not be clever to get enough guards to get 150 alert, but the choice is mine to make.

On the other hand, having a rule saying "You're not allowed to have more than 5000 guards, otherwise it becomes unfair to people who aren't very good at cov opping" is limiting gameplay options: someone else is telling me that I can't get 5001 guards, for no particularly justifiable ingame reason. Telling people they can't defend out of tag more than 3 times a week is very similar: the only reason the rule is there is because not everyone is good enough at the metagame.
Cov ops are only an interaction with the cov oper and the target only. whilst attacks and defense can be interfered with by a third party. have as many or little guards as you like.

Quote:
We wouldn't for one second consider outlawing attacking the same planet more than three times a week. Why is defence so different? That's a genuine question, by the way, I look forward to your answer.
I have no quarrel with that providing it is def from ingal and/or tag.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote