View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2009, 01:23   #55
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Support planet rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
It's either multiing or it's not.
All depends if you get caught or not... whilst I appreiate that you are asking for more clarity from MH on this matter.

Quote:
Out of tag planets aren't relevant.
It's also in no way an unfair advantage. Getting other people to help you is part of the essence of an interactive multiplayer game.
IF dedicated support planet(s) get closed it is little or no consequence to the player who is/controls the support planet as they arent playing properly and punishment of closure would not have the same effect as someone who is trying to play for rank. one of the reasons that it creates an unfair advantage.

Quote:
It's also in no way an unfair advantage. Getting other people to help you is part of the essence of an interactive multiplayer game. Unless there are different limits in place on different people this is just not unfair and if you think it is you are just flat out wrong.
I have no problems with people getting help from their gal or intag ally mate. however it does becomes more likely with out of tag def that it could be the same person using a proxi hence multi-ing.
By hard coding out of tag def would reduce multing and free up time for MH to look into other aspects of cheating like farming in particular this round support planets throwing mosquito / illusions at ziks/etd for them to get a fi/co roiding fleet.

Quote:
You'd be wrong. For the above reason I stated. Please don't just repeat your bullshit when it's wrong. If the rules are the same for every player when they start the game then the game is by definition fair. If you think out of tag defence is unfair when it isn't breaking any rules you are objectively wrong.
It is always fair at the first tick no arguments from me there. then again out of tag def has no relevence when everyone is in protection....you've just put forward a stupid argument from that.

Quote:
You'd be wrong (again). That isn't restricting your options in any way whatsoever. One option being better than others, for whatever reason, is not the same as having fewer options. This is pretty straightforwardly evident in the fact that in certain rounds fr/de or cr/bs has been superior to fi/co.
You're working on the basis/assumption that the support rule has been a constant.

Quote:
Please, you obviously don't like out of tag planets but phrase your objections in terms of improving gameplay. Calling something unfair when it just isn't is ****ing retarded and how we ended up getting into this pile of shit rule in the first place.
I have went into more detail why this isnt fair. I would prefer hard coding... no room for MH discreptancies in decision making with support rule.
Arent you saying that some of the MH calls on the support rule have been unfair?

I am not going to get several computers with separate IPs and or proxies or get people who cba arsed to play a round to build one class of ship only to be my def whore .... "just to keep up with the jones"

Last edited by Paisley; 10 Dec 2009 at 01:29.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote