View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2009, 01:07   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Support planet rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Not everyone has the luxury of a support planet and has to make do with the standard gal/ally mates def ships.
Then they should become better at the metagame. What I mean by that is that they should become better at gathering a group of people around them who are willing to fight not only with them, but for them. The Ministry group is a good example, as are elviz & co and the Liths. Everyone can do this, the only reason people don't is because 1) for every supported planet, there need to be several supporting planets, and 2) few people are as dedicated as the pillars of the groups I mentioned.

Quote:
Nor having to result to multi-ing.
Multiing is not a requirement for having support planets, nor have you in my opinion adequately proven that there is a connection between the two or that multiiing is bad for the game.

Quote:
As I am sure that some would argue that this would reduce some folks gameplay options... periodically you can be immune from cov ops by having suffient alert you cant be immune from out of tag defense (unless the support planet isnt in cluster and you are attacking with fi/co and didnt predict your prelaunch)
I don't think you understand what the phrase "gameplay options" means. I'll make your case a little more specific in an effort to explain.

Choosing whether or not to get guards is not a "gameplay option" in the sense you use it: no one can force me to get guards, nor can anyone force me not to get them. It might not be clever to get enough guards to get 150 alert, but the choice is mine to make.

On the other hand, having a rule saying "You're not allowed to have more than 5000 guards, otherwise it becomes unfair to people who aren't very good at cov opping" is limiting gameplay options: someone else is telling me that I can't get 5001 guards, for no particularly justifiable ingame reason. Telling people they can't defend out of tag more than 3 times a week is very similar: the only reason the rule is there is because not everyone is good enough at the metagame.

We wouldn't for one second consider outlawing attacking the same planet more than three times a week. Why is defence so different? That's a genuine question, by the way, I look forward to your answer.

Quote:
I am sure you dont like being roided but you dont want to prevent any attacks. thats part of the game
What is and isn't part of the game is an important decision to make. I don't feel you're making a sufficiently strong argument why having support planets is bad for the game. As simplistic as "limitations are bad" sounds (and is, there are justifiable limitations), it trumps the best you've so far come up with, namely "I don't like it".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 10 Dec 2009 at 01:14. Reason: behind you!
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote