View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 15:10   #109
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n View Post
Although some people have said this, going back to one race and a very short ship list is for them a good idea, I think thats like taking cluedo and reducing the game down to 3 players, 3 weapons, and 3 rooms. Thinking the game would benefit from that step I believe is a mistake.
The one race idea isnt exactly the same as 'completly taking the race choices out of the game', instead they would be implemented in the tech tree. So that people dont have to make a massive game decision at signup.

If you would like your cluedo analogy, it would be reducing the game down to starting with only 1 suspect but with each diceroll, you discover another person who might of been there.

Nearly everything in PA has been implemented to that its done at tick 0 or very close to tick 0 including your strategys (Goverment, Race, what ship class your going for, the amount of roids to init to, your alliance, your galaxy, etc) leaving nothing for the rest of the game except to follow your plan and attack. It isnt a bad idea to space these things out, which would give the advantage of having more things to do mid-round and making as many 'game deciding decisions' until a player at least understands the basics of the game.

For example, instead of races.. You would have default fi ships which once you've researched, you will have mutually exclusive branches to Stealth, EMP, Steal or Normal ships. The race's and diversity would still be in the game but added at a later choice, the only real consequence would be that ETD race wouldnt exist unless you decided to add a 'mixed' tree.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote