View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:07   #105
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

I'll just come with advice to people who post suggestions here. I don't think about PA often enough to have anything good, though there are a few suggestions that come up now and then that I support.

Game design isn't very easy. If it was, PA would be way better. I think everyone who posted suggestions here mean well. But very broadly, nearly all suggestions so far fall into one of three piles:
- Quality of life improvement. Things like asking for a Galaxy Defense view similar to the alliance defense one falls into this. You can do without, but it'd be great to have it.
- Limiting the current ways of playing in some way.
- Adding complexity without adding any depth.

The last one is probably the easiest to go into when you try to suggest something that genuinely would improve the game in some revolutionary way. Complexity does not automatically add depth, but it sure adds learning curve. It is an expensive thing to add to a game. To quote some random wise person:
Quote:
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to remove.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote