View Single Post
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 18:11   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Favourite advertising campaign of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
An unoriginal choice, but the Guinness surfer advert. The leftfield track was inspired. In fact, all the Guinness adverts are frankly awesome. I cannot think of a company that does better adverts. But what really annoys me is how bar staff invariably do not pour guinness correctly and how it's always better in cans now it's brewed in (or imported directly from) Dublin. If there's one thing that's likely to push me over the edge into the depths of unmitigated violence towards human-kind it's that. Ireland is actually one of the countries I'm most likely to settle in if I do not stay in England for that very reason.

This man has a good list of adverts.
Either I didn't get that hula-hoops advert (it's funny because he's not an actor and doesn't really want to be in this advert apparently?) or it just wasn't that funny.
the hula hoops advert came when every stupid product was hiring every stupid celebrity to promote their shit. So hula hoops made a huge deal and had a press release and a conference and everything announcing they had signed steve threlfall to be their official sponsor.

He looks like a dopey muppet, which was just an example of absolutely genius casting.

The cameras followed him around and he was completely overwhelmed by all of it and just wanted to be left alone; they even hinted he didnt love hula hoops that much, he just liked the occasional packet. His "rap" CD was made against his will and compiled from a collage of clips of him being harrassed by hula hoop reporters - hence why the lyrics were "what are you doing what are you doing what-what-what-wicca-wicca-what are you doing hey stop that". And people everywhere sang at him and were in love with him even though he just wanted to be left alone.

It appealed to the surreal side of my humour!

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote