View Single Post
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 02:06   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OK im slihjtly drunk ...

Rightio the (slightly boring) situation is thus:

I received an e-mail demanding that i forward paperwork relating to someone under my command being off sick.

The words "must" and "immediately" were in bold and underlined. Exclamation marks were used throughout. They also stated that they do their job immediately and i was ****ing up their shit (basically). I thought the message was pretty ****ing cheeky.

I was off last week and received another message in my absence.

Then another message was sent to my boss and she forwarded it on to me saying i need to action it immediately (this was sent on Tuesday and she knows i wasn't due back in work till Thrusday).

Anyways i'll paraphrase the start of my reply and then do the end word for word:

----------------------------------------

"The person who was off work ill only works part time and since she's been off (3 weeks ago) has only been in work for 4 days and of those she was told by the shift manager to go help training and so i couldnt do her back to work talk on those days"

"I didnt respond earlier as i was out of the office for the past week"

With regards to my lack of response previous to that: <Person> was either on job share or A/L when i received any previous message relating to this & i felt sending a message (e-mail) advising personnel of information they receive when i hand in the attendence sheet every day might possibly be viewed as cheeky as it would suggest that they don't actually check the records we do send them.

I would like to close by saying that i do appreciate the role personnel perform; a role they must perform under difficult circumstances as observed by the delay between A/L sheets being submitted & their return to the examiner. I also feel that their use of bold and underline to highlight certain words and the use of exclamation marks in their message to ensure that i was fully aware of the importance of the information they were conveying was excellent. Could this be an approach that the UKPS as a whole might use in letters to external customers* to ensure that we definately receive the correct documents et al we request?

My manager tonight told me that:

- sarcasm in e-mails would NOT be tolerated
- she had apologised on my behalf
- that she could understand that i might be angry with the emails i received but i should go to the evening shift room and shout about it rather than sending emails like that
- sending an email like that to just her would have been bad enough but the fact that it went to a couple of heads of departments "hadn't done me any favours"
- that no further action was going to be taken ... this was just an informal chat

:rolleyes:

*examining teams are supposed to be "internal customers" to the likes of personnel etc and as such treated like we would treat someone applying for a passport