View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2012, 08:19   #38
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about
Re: Galaxy Fund Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post

I started late (PT 107) and random this round and managed to end #4 in the universe without hiding value, so I guess its not impossible to play the game without hiding value.
maybe because you had no significant incs until pt 1k?

I think most latestarters actually do build value rather fast (2-300 ticks after entering - guess that could be discussed if fast enough)

Those that dont usually got a sensible reason not to.

I can take my own example last round.

pt 350ish I got wiped at planet due to repeatedly incs for 200 ticks every night (fail at R/H and uncovered waves) - lost 1 mill value)

Pt 350-900 I kept low value basically due to the fact that I would be bashed senseless had I built value (is it an exploit to avoid incs when you get blocked against hard? - maybe so, however it made good sense in our gal - I had limited online time during summer so I canalized all my income to the more active planets (who still got roided hard) - ending up with donating 2+ mill value to ult planets in my gal.

50 mill donation every 200 ticks makes a few, so in my case it wasn't like I hid 500 mill in fund. no the resources came to use both in ally and gal.

Question remains if this strategy is faux, and should be frowned upon.

those of you who remember pre pax remebers how planets could be attacked by each other in gal. Certain people capitalized on this creating galaxies where players where there with the only purpose of providing roids for 2-3 top planets in gal (who were usually insanely active, and therefore put the value to most use.

Personally I don't prefer playing the game like that, but I must say I'm a winner by heart, and if the scenario looks like I would get roided for 600 ticks straight due to a pre round formed block, i'd rather give my income to an active ally mate, who can put good use of the ships. (hey drac )

Also this brings up a discussion about activity playing levels, certain not so active players could contribute vastly to alliance/gal with this example, without a nightly activity of 2+ hours. Maybe not a bad thing?? (hey CT)
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote