View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2012, 21:46   #1
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about
Galaxy Fund Suggestion

I bring up this suggestion because I feel that the way the galaxy fund is being used at the moment by many late starters is a problem. I think its a problem because they use the galaxy fund as a way to avoid taking part in the game, by hiding away resources they stay small enough to avoid any planet with a fleet what so ever to attack them. Until a very late point in the round the late starter is basically playing solitaire, which is not really the point of a large multiplayer game.

Originally the galaxy fund was meant as a way for the galaxies bigger planets to support new planets/scanners/crashers etc. That purpose of the galaxy fund is still important so I dont want to remove that possibilty.

What I am suggesting is a change to the galaxy fund that wont allow anyone to use the fund in order to stay out of the game while still allowing donations to help planets take part in the game. This is not a unique solution, there are probably many ways to approach the problem and if you have another idea then feel free to post it here.

My idea:
- Allow only planets that are too large to receive donations from the galaxy fund to donate into the galaxy fund.

So basically you wont be able to receive and give to the galaxy fund at the same time. You can either only receive donations, if your value is low enough, or you can only give donations, if your value is high enough (that is actually already in place).

This will prevent small planets to keep small by stashing away their resources in the fund.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote