View Single Post
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 17:28   #43
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Planet or alliance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
Let's say you're a contestant for the #1 spot, and that the only planet who could end up beating you is from another alliance than yourself. Let's furthermore say you have offended someone, say a rodent creature of some sort, and that this someone is going to bring his friends to your place. Imagine all of this leading to the following scenario:

Your fleet is being fleetcaught by a happy bunch that is looking to collectively suicide their fleets. Because you're Zik, you need the value of your fleet in order to win the round. Your options are: a) Call upon your alliance for defence and thus spread your losses or b) give up your planet and let somebody else win the round.

Add to this that you're a member of one of the top two alliances (out of which one will end up winning the round on an alliance basis), and answer me this: What would you do?

Xeno
I've read your post about seven times now, and i still don't really understand your dilemma. If youre being fleetcaught by an opposing alliance and you're in a top two alliance, you shouldn't be complaining and should just carry on playing the game. Im sure the fleet catch was designed to prevent you from winning; giving up on your planet after all of the hours you've put in is surely not even an option. Either take the beating like a man, or quit.

Hmmm. The choice. No one enjoys seeing a grey fleet on their galaxy status screen being accompanied by a handful of reds at the same ETA. But I know one thing for sure:

If it was myself in that position, the event wouldn't make it onto AD, because id be more concerned about putting my time into my recovery to be honest.