View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:09   #39
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Planet or alliance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil n00b
What is the main reason for your planet to join an alliance? You want to get a better rank for your planet, right?
That's part of it, but not all of it.

Personally, I consider three things to be important (in no particular order): my rank, my contribution to my alliance and the "annoyance" I cause to my enemies. The longer I have played, the less important rank has become and the more important the latter two objectives have become.

One of the best things about Planetarion is that players can set their own criteria for success. Your ambition might be to help your alliance to do well, or to get a high planet rank, or to simply have fun and make some spectacular attacks. A good alliance needs a mixture of players with different ambitions - a selfish bunch of players who care only for their personal rank will not succeed, but neither will an alliance full of selfless defenders.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote