View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2010, 19:28   #8
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alternative approach on ship stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I still like the system mosc once proposed over on the PIA forums, in which two properties get added to ships: the good old weapon speed and agility, while targetting is removed completely. Ships with high WpSp are good against ships with high Agil, but bad against ships with low Agil. Ships with low WpSp are good against ships with low Agil, but bad against ships with high Agil. Note that size doesn't come into this, in theory you could have a highly agile battleship, as well as a slug-like fighter.

While getting a complete understanding of the stats would indeed, as Tzu said, be harder, it would be easier to get a rudimentary understanding, because mistakes aren't punished as harshly as they are now.
There have been a number of suggested implementations for this, but I fear the time for this idea may have passed. At the very least, I cba to get people up to speed in order to allow the conversation to properly continue on the level that it did back in those days.

Thanks for prompting a nostalgia-trip though, went back to PIA forums and bumped into this golden nugget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc
Sun_Tzu, you may be smarter than me, a better player than me, and more experienced than me, but ur still an ass.
<3