View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2010, 17:28   #5
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Re: Alternative approach on ship stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Well, this isn't the first time this has been discussed, I even worked on an implementation of it for Kombat for a while, although with a bit more "logical" scaling system.

At the end of the day, while I'd probably enjoy the beauty of such a system and how it's logical and realistic, it would change the nature of the game in a direction which I'm not sure most people would enjoy. I'm not saying it would be bad, but it's going further towards simplifying choices and emphasizing defensive play.

Personally I'm a big fan of a balance between defense and offense, and to that effect I believe a well balanced multitargeting set without the use of T3 = * is the best choice.
hmm.. Changing defense/offense values by a multiplier would also be an option to encourage offensive play.

For example harpy could get an additional +10% on offense or something like that. I think multipliers are much more versatile than fix values. Modifying them for different situations would be possible.
Also this change doesnt have to be final. Like now every round system changes from MT to ST PA could change from fix shipstats to multiplier shipstats

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote