Thread: Yahwe's Career
View Single Post
Unread 20 Mar 2006, 01:11   #1
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yahwe's Career

So ...

As many of you know I am a barrister. I practiced quite happily at the bar. pottering along between criminal trials (defence only dda!) and shitty disputes between rich companies about money. Humming, meandering, whistling along.

Then I had my spat with chambers. My clerks thought it could be sorted out. My old pupil master and (best) instructing solicitor thought i could easily move to another chambers.

But what did i do? You might think that i threw a hissy fit, you might think that I whined like a little girl. Well we barristers have our own phrases!!! I threw my toys out of the pram.

I retired to my cottage in the middle of no where. I pretended to write books. I pretended to write plays. But all i really did was learn to cook, become an alcoholic and post on gd.

But I was bound into this flat purchase (and my father seems so disapointed with me ...). So I returned to london.

I accepted a teaching post in tabland and pottered away.

But now the time has come for a 'job'.

My bestfriend thinks i should go back to the bar. He loves me very much. But there is a huge flaw in his argument. In order to go back to the bar I would have to both a) fill in a very very long form () and b) be nice to my old chambers in order to get a reference.

Pish-tosh to such plans say I!!! So now I am considering the real world. This place where you lot live. I gather there are no subsidised suppers and no white tie balls. but I also gather there is this elusive concept of 'money'. (i also gather that it's rather easy).

So now I am whoring myself to recruitment firms. I've already had 2 'telephone interviews'; (what a very very silly idea they are) during one I had to actually explain what a barrister is!!! I have little 'matt' who i had to meet who is (as far as i am concerned) my pimp.

Tomorrow I have an interview.

I have no idea what the job is. I have no idea how much they pay.

Is my bestfriend right? Am i mad to leave the bar??? OR am i right to leave it and enter this exciting brave new world, of salaries and paid holidays and pensions?