View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2010, 16:22   #235
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
By the way, which is it? Does VB capping make the game harder for top planets or lower ranked planets?
It was your argument that it forces top players to attack bigger targets. My argument is that it keeps them longer in range to feed on smaller planets and promotes risk aversion, so in effect it does the exact opposite of what it was intended to do.

And stop trolling, life's not binary, almost everything has both positive and negative effects, such as making it easier to bottom feed but harder to run away in value. My issue is that it promotes promotes one style of play over others and tries to artificially manipulate the rankings, which is hardly ever a good idea. Instead of trying to find an actual fix for bashing (the solutions already existed, I know because I helped formulate them), they went with a fix which actually punished efficient play more so than anything else.

Oh, and just because you're chicken-shit scared of attacking bigger planets, doesn't mean some of us haven't been actively doing just that, going back nearly as far as this game is old.